Are you a runner? If so, are you looking for a new GPS watch? If so, you're in luck! In this blog post, we'll be discussing the best running watches with GPS. We'll be talking about features, pricing, and more. So whether you're a beginner or an experienced runner, read on to find the perfect GPS watch for you.
Fitbit Versa 3 Health & Fitness Smartwatch with GPS, 24/7 Heart Rate, Alexa Built-in, 6+ Days Battery, Pink/Gold, One Size (S & L Bands Included)View on Amazon
SAMSUNG Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 42mm Smartwatch with ECG Monitor Tracker for Health, Fitness, Running, Sleep Cycles, GPS Fall Detection, LTE, US Version, BlackView on Amazon
Apple Watch SE [GPS 40mm] Smart Watch w/ Space Grey Aluminium Case with Midnight Sport Band. Fitness & Activity Tracker, Heart Rate Monitor, Retina Display, Water ResistantView on Amazon
Smart Watch for Android Phones Compatible iPhone Samsung, Health Sport Watches for Men Women GPS Run Activity Fitness Tracker with Blood Pressure Heart Rate Monitor, Replaceable Watch Face and BandView on Amazon
COROS PACE 2 Premium GPS Sport Watch with Nylon or Silicone Band, Heart Rate Monitor, 30h Full GPS Battery, Barometer, ANT+ & BLE Connections, Strava, Stryd & TrainingPeaks (Navy - Silicone Strap)View on Amazon
POLAR VANTAGE M Advanced Running & Multisport Watch with GPS and Wrist-based Heart Rate (Lightweight Design & Latest Technology), White, SmallView on Amazon
POLAR VANTAGE M –Advanced Running & Multisport Watch with GPS and Wrist-based Heart Rate (Lightweight Design & Latest Technology), White, SmallView on Amazon
Casio Men's G-Shock Move, GPS + Heart Rate Running Watch, Quartz Solar Assisted Watch with Resin Strap, Red, (Model: GBD-H1000-4)View on Amazon
- BrandWahoo Fitness
Last update on 2022-09-26 / Affiliate links / Images, Product Titles, and Product Highlights from Amazon Product Advertising API
12 key features to consider when shopping for running watches with GPS
A running watch with GPS is a type of watch that uses the Global Positioning System to track your location and provide you with data about your running route, distance, pace, and calories burned.
There are a variety of different types of running watches with GPS on the market, so it can be difficult to know which one is right for you. Here are 12 key features to consider when shopping for a running watch with GPS:
1. Battery life: Most running watches with GPS have a battery life of around 8 hours. However, some models may have a longer or shorter battery life depending on how frequently they're used and what features are enabled. If you plan on using your watch for long runs or races, make sure to choose a model with long battery life.
2. Display: The display on a running watch with GPS can be either monochrome or color. Monochrome displays are typically less expensive and use less battery power, but they can be harder to read in bright sunlight. Color displays are more expensive and use more battery power, but they're easier to read in all lighting conditions.
3. Water resistance: Most running watches with GPS are water-resistant, but not all of them are designed for swimming. If you plan on using your watch for swimming as well as running, make sure to choose a model that is water-resistant up to 50 meters or more.
4. Weight: Running watches with GPS range in weight from around 1 ounce to 3 ounces. Heavier watches tend to have more features and longer battery life, while lighter watches are less bulky and easier to carry.
5. GPS accuracy: The accuracy of the GPS tracking on a running watch can vary depending on the model and manufacturer. If you want the most accurate data possible, make sure to choose a model from a reputable brand with good reviews.
6. Maps and navigation: Some running watches with GPS include maps and navigation features that allow you to see your location on a map as well as create custom routes. This can be helpful if you're running in unfamiliar territory or want to explore new trails.
7. Data storage: Most running watches with GPS can store data for multiple runs, but some models have more storage capacity than others. If you want to be able to save data for a long period of time, make sure to choose a model with ample storage space.
8. Data sharing: Some running watches with GPS allow you to share your data with other users, such as your friends or family members. This can be helpful if you're training for a race with someone else or just want to compare your progress over time.
9. Live tracking: Some running watches with GPS include live tracking features that allow your friends or family members to see your current location while you're out on a run. This can be helpful if you're running in an unfamiliar area or want someone to know your whereabouts in case of an emergency.
10. Music storage: Some running watches with GPS include music storage capabilities, which allow you to store and play music directly from the watch. This can be helpful if you want to listen to music while you run without having to carry your phone.
11. Heart rate monitor: Many running watches with GPS include a built-in heart rate monitor, which can help you keep track of your heart rate during a run. This data can be helpful in understanding how hard you're working and whether or not you need to adjust your pace.
12. Price: Running watches with GPS range in price from around $100 to $500. More expensive models typically have more features and longer battery life, while less expensive models may have fewer features and shorter battery life. Choose the model that fits your needs and budget.
With so many different running watches on the market, it can be hard to know which one to choose. The best way to find the right watch for you is to consider your needs and budget, and then read reviews to see which models meet your criteria. Once you've narrowed down your choices, take the time to compare features and prices to find the perfect watch for your needs.
How to maintain your running watches with GPS ( 5 Tips)
There are many different ways to maintain your running watch, but some methods are more effective than others. Here are five tips to help you keep your watch in good condition:
1. Protect the screen: The screen on your running watch is susceptible to scratches, so it's important to protect it. You can purchase a screen protector or use a soft cloth to cover the watch when not in use.
2. Avoid extreme temperatures: Extreme temperatures can damage the internal components of your watch, so it's important to avoid exposure to extreme heat or cold. If you must be in an environment with extreme temperatures, make sure to remove the watch and store it in a safe location.
3. Keep the watch clean: Sweat and dirt can build up on the watch over time, so it's important to keep it clean. Use a soft cloth and mild soap to wipe down the watch after each use.
4. Store the watch properly: When not in use, store the watch in a dry, safe place. Avoid exposure to direct sunlight or extreme temperatures.
5. Have the watch serviced regularly: Most running watches need to be serviced every one to two years. This includes replacing the battery and calibrating the internal components. Servicing can be done by a professional or by following the instructions in the owner's manual.
By following these tips, you can help extend the life of your running watch and ensure that it works properly for many years to come.
There is a wide variety of running watches with GPS available on the market, so it's important to choose the right one for your needs. Consider the factors listed above when making your decision to ensure that you select the best possible model for you. Thanks for reading.